Uninstall AVG Toolbar
Sometimes when you install a program it tricks you into installing other stuff as well. This is a sneaky and devious way of getting you to use ‘tools’ that are most often devices that track you.
I am sorry to see that AVG, a great AV program by the way, has resorted to this lowly tactic.
Here’s how to recover from a momentary lapse of attention.
Remove AVG Toolbar
- Turn off Firefox or Internet Explorer browser.
- Run the AVG installer program you used earlier to install the toolbar. If you can not find it, click Start – Control Panel – Programs – Uninstall a Program – Locate from the list the AVG installer.
- Select setup type as “Repair installation “.
- The AVG Security Toolbar installer window will appear on your screen. Untick the Recommended –Yes I would like to install AVG Security toolbar checkbox.
- Click the Next button and follow the instructions.
Remove AVG Secure Search
- Type: about:config in your Firefox web address field.
- Now type keyword.URL in the Filter box located on the top left side of the window.
- Right-click the Keyword.URL key and from the menu, click Reset.
- Now, look for the following keys:
- For each key, follow Step 3 instructions.